Sunday, March 11, 2012

Organizing and a Birthday Card

I didn't get a whole lot done this weekend. However, I did go through my craft stuff! Got organized and even filled up a box of things to get rid of. My sweet husband even tried to make me a dowel rack for my ribbon. See the black thing on the right of the shelves? Only problem he didn't look at the size of the holes in the middle of the ribbon spools. Oops!! Not a big problem, he will replace with smaller diameter dowels and then I can hang my ribbon and easily get to it. I felt so bad, because he was so happy to surprise me with his creation. He is a sweetheart!
Since the table was clean and I could find everything, I went ahead and made 2 birthday cards for friends with birthdays this week.
I love simple elegance and that is what I went for here. Not only elegant but easy to do!
I used the Vintage Wallpaper embossing plate to get that nice pattern on the pink paper. I then wrapped a piece of brown satin ribbon around the card and tied a knot in the front of the card.
I then used a stamp and embossing powder for the lovely pewter frame around the Happy Birthday. I am pretty sure that powder/heat embossing, and paper embossing are my two new favorite things to do!
I hope you had a good weekend and didn't forget to spring forward this morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment