Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day and Dad's Birthday on the same day!

Tomorrow is not only Mother's Day but my fathers 71st birthday too! Needed to make a couple of cards!
Started with this cute vintage vibe card for Mom. Used the Apothecary Accents framelits to cut the shape for the sentiment.  Used the Morning Post Alphabet stamp set for MOM.  I finished it off with a flower made with the Boho flower punch, and topped that off with a Dahlia. Added a little bling on the sides with Rhinestone jewels.  My mom is truly beautiful inside and out, just had to reiterate that with the card. :)
Then on to Dad's card.  Started with a photo of him at I believe 4 years old.  I embossed the card stock with the stripes folder, used the ovals collection framelits for the photo and background paper.
Used the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and Bitty Banner framelits for the Happy Birthday and finished it off  with Early Espresso bakers twine.  I love using photos as elements on my cards.  I really think it makes the card special.  I am sure my dad will like this one!

We are celebrating Mom and Dad tomorrow with brunch at a new restaurant that comes highly recommended.  I sure hope it is good!
I hope you have a Wonderful Mother's Day!
If you are a Mom, Grandma, Aunt, Caregiver or any woman who cares for others, I hope you
are showered with love and affection tomorrow!
If you are not, then I hope you shower that special woman or women in your life with love and affection tomorrow!
Mom - I love you to infinity and beyond!!!!
 
(and as always if you want more information on these projects or Stampin' Up please contact me)
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great job, as usual. Hope everyone had a great "Mom's Day" and your Dad's Birthday was a memory everyone will cherish. Great cards Tina, I know they loved 'em!

    ReplyDelete