Sunday, May 26, 2013

Graduation Decorations on a Dime! :)


 My stepson Zachary graduated from high school last week. (my son is Zachary too) Crazy! :)
I put myself in charge of decorations. :)  As you can see the school colors are gold and purple.
So loaded with my handy Stampin' Up tools, card stock, some $ Tree items and recycled mason jars off I went!
Lets start with the mason jars.  Used framelits and a congratulations stamp to make the main pick in the jar.  Added a couple flags, made a belly band, filled the jar with purple shreds and finished with a layered scallop circle and a graduation cap.  (the graduation cap was found at Michael's)
Then with lots of purple and yellow card stock and my pennant framelit made banners to go all around the patio.
Then we have the pedestal vase used to hold cake pops.  I am certain I got this idea on Pinterest at some point.  This is a $ Tree vase, adhered to a $ Tree candlestick with clear silicone.  Easy peasy!
The yellow shreds were also purchased at the $ Tree.
 Purchased a new toy last week!  A babycakes cake pop maker.  Did a trial run Wednesday so I was prepared to make the purple and yellow pops you see here.  These do take a little time, but well worth the result.  My advice to you if you decide to try cake pops:  check out some you tube tutorials for tips before you give it a try.
The cake was purchased at Costco, but we personalized it with some photo pics layered with framelit shapes all hot glued to a wooden skewer.  I really liked the way this came out, and am sure we will do this again on future cakes!
I am very proud of my stepson! I wish him all the success in his future!
 
Do you have lots of grad parties this year? 
If so, hope some of these ideas helped!
 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Be inspired to create!
Tina

1 comment:

  1. Great job Tina ~ he'll have some great memories and the Stampin' UP! projects you created will be a part of it. What an awesome Step-Mom you are! Big hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete