Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Still trying to be the best I can be

A few weeks ago I posted about my commitment to myself to get in the best shape I can be before I turn 50 in just over 1 and 1/2 years.

Well, let me tell you, after an entire adult life of hit or miss on diet and exercise, I have realized this journey is not an easy one for me. However, I have learned a few things over the last few weeks that I would like to share.

1. Even when I get home from work and feel dead tired and just want to eat and lay on the couch, I have to force myself to exercise FIRST!!! Once I do that I have the energy to get through the rest of the evening. This one is tough for me, because I truly do come home many nights just exhausted from work and exercise is the last thing I want to do.

2. Vegetarians can eat fish and fowl. I did not know this. I think I can do this!!!!
Two of my favorite veggie dishes right now: a bean tostada with Parmesan cheese, diced tomato and avocado. YUMMY!!! The tomato sandwich I wrote about last post will also be a new favorite!!
I must eat much MORE of this:
I must each much LESS of this! :) 3. Keep up the journal. It is good to look back and learn about your habits, your pitfalls and your strengths. It kind of keeps you honest somehow?? I have slacked off a little here.


I still need to work on portion control and my sweet cravings.

No excuses, but my old vcr finally broke down with my Leslie Sansone 3 mile ab walk stuck in it. So no Leslie for a couple of weeks. I did find a DVD replacement at Target. com. Yea! Should be here any day!!!!

Still loving my Lotte Berk Muscle Eats fat. I will admit that I don't do it everyday, but I still feel the results in my thighs.

So there it is, the good and the bad of my quest to be the best me I can be. I guess I will be a work in progress for the rest of my life. :)

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!!! You're such a little cutie already, and on your way to 50 ~ looks more like 40! You really do look great Tina and I'm proud of you for taking such good care of yourself. Keep it up! Love ya, Jul~

    ReplyDelete