Thursday, November 19, 2009

A couple of cards

Just a couple of cards to post today. I haven't made many lately. I actually needed these for work. Our employee non profit group is donating Thanksgiving groceries to 2 families on Monday. We thought it would be nice to give them a Happy Thanksgiving card with the groceries. I cut a 8 1/2" X 11" piece of cardstock in half to make a 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" standard card. I used heavy cardstock to cut out 1 top note die and cut that in half, then added ribbon and a button to that. I then cut a piece of 3" and 4" scrapbook paper and put it all together. I used the computer to print out the greeting.

The second card is for an employee who is part of our non profit group that is leaving work. This card was also easy. 2 top note die cuts, I cut the perforation off of the pink piece so you could see the brown behind it. I used the curly set punch and stamp from Stampin' Up for the greeting and piece of ribbon hot glued and tied and a little button for the finish. I am really loving the pink and brown.



2 comments:

  1. Handmade cards are so much better than anything storebought. I love pink and brown together. Great work. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Tina, I love the colors you used, and the Top Note Die ...and your button creation ~ great job! :o)

    ReplyDelete