Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Gobble Gobble!

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving! I look forward to a wonderful day with my family. I have so much to be thankful for today and everyday. My list of blessings is long, but here are the top blessings: My children, my parents, my friends, a great job, a home and a nice comfy bed. We often forget that there are many who do not have these things.


I am sure all my crafty blog buddies have much to be thankful for today. I thank my blog buddies for sharing their ideas and inspirations. Speaking of inspirations I thank my blog friend Jen over at Lipstick and Laundry for these cute little goodies! So simple to make!!!
Mini vanilla wafers adhered to a Hershey kiss with a dab of chocolate frosting, topped with a dab of chocolate frosting for a stem and there you have it Sweet Little Acorns!


Dessert is done! Doesn't it look yummy? This one is so easy and goes over very well.
This is the recipe:

1 package Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix

1 26 oz can of pumpkin

1 12oz can of evaporated milk

3 eggs

1 1/2 cups of sugar

4 tspns pumpkin pie spice

1/2 tspn salt

1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts

1 cup of melted butter

Cool Whip or Rediwhip for topping



Grease the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, spice and salt. Pour into greased pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over the top, sprinkle with chopped nuts. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake 50-55 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with whipped topping! Dee-Lish! I promise!

3 comments:

  1. The little acorns are adorable. I will have to write that down for next year. I made the pumpkin dessert some time back and posted it on my blog. Thought one whole box of cake mix was a little too much so would use half of it next time. But it was definitely delicious! Hope you had a Thanksgiving full of friends, family, food and fun. Blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again! Since you haven't been around in while, I hope you are doing fun busy stuff and not just busy-busy! Wishing you well. :) Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there
    I just found your site from Tammys site T's
    Daily Treasure. You are very creative and I enjoyed looking at all your pretty cards.
    take care
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete