Thursday, June 27, 2013

More 4th of July!

Been in a very Patriotic mood lately.  Even got flags painted on my fingernails today! :)
Today I have pics for you of a couple more goodies I made for the 4th of July and a little bit of decorating in my house.

Here is another twist on the stand up box.  I like the crispness of this one! 
For a stand up box you only need a paper cutter, a scoring tool and adhesive!
Used the Stampin' Up Perfect Pennants Bigz die for white scallop, the 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 3/4" circle punch and a star punch purchased at Joannes I finished the box off.

Used the Petite Pocket Bigz die for the white envelope, stamped it with Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy stars, then textured the stamped section with the Square lattice folder.  Wrapped Cherry Cobbler bakers twine around the pocket a few times, and added a tag and shimmer star, filled with Twizzlers and some star wire purchased from the Dollar Tree.  Simple, cute and sweet! 
 Here is our mantle, nothing fancy.  Just a banner I made last year, some wooden stars decoupaged with patriotic napkins, an empty Ghirardelli tin and a couple of framed flags I found at a garage sale or thrift store. (I must be getting old because I can't remember exactly where I found them!)
 Lastly in a cabinet in the kitchen we have an apothecary jar filled with stars and striped wrapped taffy and Tootsie rolls. Add an oak frame that I painted white and put a cute cupcake print in and added a little star pennant.
I hope I have inspired you to if nothing else, get a fingernail or toenail painted with a flag for the 4th of July! :) 
Have a very Happy and Fun 4th!

Be inspired to create!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment