Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Do you love collecting recipes? I sure do!!!

I am home today with a very painful neck and shoulder. An ongoing problem for me, usually treated with lots of stretches and lots of ibuprofen. But it is getting too painful, so I am hoping for pain meds and muscle relaxers today. Waiting to hear back from my doctor.

On a happier more creative note. I love to collect recipes! I use all sorts of sources, magazines, cookbooks, internet recipes, recipes from family and friends. I don't cook that much, but I do love to collect the recipes. And slowly but surely I will get to them! Recently I made homemade chicken soup, and last night made homemade mac and cheese!!! I wanted to try it with asiago cheese, but Food 4 Less isn't the place to find it! So I settled for medium cheddar. It was very good! But I will try again with asiago soon!
Last night my friend Julia sent me a link to Lick the Bowl Good .
What a fabulous blog!!!! Recipes, recipes and more recipes. She sent me the link because she knew I would love this bacon and eggs recipe made from pretzel sticks, white chocolate melts and yellow M&M's. So very clever!
But not only did this blog have these cute novelty recipes, she also has lots and lots of other recipes! And the photos are wonderful!!! I am looking forward to trying her blueberry sourcream bundt cake recipe, and her snickerdoodle blondies recipe!!!
If you love recipes like I do, head right over to Lick the Bowl Good and check it out!
If you want some more inspiration be sure to rent Julie/Julia. It inspired me to break out some recipes. Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the link, I thought her little bacon and eggs were so cute and you're right, she had so many recipes, I think I gained 10 lbs. just reading 'em! Hope you're feeling better by now Tina ~ it's no fun when your muscles ache like that. I'll keep you in my prayers, Love ya, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out- I appreciate it! I hope if you make anything from my blog you let me know--and that you like it :-)

    I, too, love collecting recipes. I cut them out from the paper and magazines and stuff them in a box. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but it's fun.

    I hope your neck and shoulder feel better soon. That's never any fun.

    xoxo, Monica

    ReplyDelete